Switching off of Effexor XR - withdrawal?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I've been taking Effexor XR for about a month and a half, starting at 75 mg for two weeks and increasing to 150 mg the rest of the time. All of the sudden, it felt like it stopped working and all of my anxiety symptoms came back. I am in the process of switching from Effexor to Cymbalta and just have a few questions regarding withdrawal. I stopped taking Effexor on Friday and immediately switched to Cymbalata 30mg the next day. It's been almost 3 days and I'm experiencing some pretty intense side effects such as dizziness, nausau, sleeping problems, sweating, dry mouth, and mood swings. Do you think these are withdrawal symptoms from stopping Effexor or side effects from starting Cymbalta, or maybe even a combination of both. These effects happened about a day after starting Cymbalta, and about two days after stopping Effexor. If anyone has any experience or comments on switching off Effexor let me know. I've read that the first few days are the worst for withdrawal symptoms/side effects so I'm trying to power through.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello, just thought id post an update if anyone was wondering. After talking to my doctor we figured it was withdrawal symptoms from Effexor instead of side effects from the Duloxetine i had started taking. These withdrawal effects lasted a little over a week,and they were hell while they lasted, brain zaps, extreme dizziness, confusion, every symptom under the book. Im here to say that you will get better in time as I already feel back to normal, so if youre going through these withdrawal symptoms stick with it as it will get better with time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.