switching off venlafaxine and onto prozac, and feel lousy

Posted , 7 users are following.

It's a month down from 225 mgs venlafaxine to 75 mgs.  Same time I'm now up to 30 mgs fluoxetine.  The venlafaxine wassn't working after years of being on it.  Increasing/adding fluoxetine and reducing venlafaxine are concurrent over the past 4 weeks.  Felt it would be a good way to go from venlafaxine to fluoxetine in the hopes I'd be less depressed.  However, I've been experiencing the same depression with inability to sit still and a complete shutdown of appetite.  I guess I'm experiencing some anxiety as I take lorazepam to help that.

Is this temporary?  A result of the venlafaxine reductiion?  A result of the fluoxetine addition?  Both?  Do I need more fluoxetine?  Has anyone ever experiencing this kind of anti depressant switchover?  

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Always consult your Gp or if away another doctor in the practice about switching medicines. Hope they can help and all sorted now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.