switching to another anxiety med...success?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am contemplating asking about switching meds.  What have others had success on?  I know every person is different.  Im just sick of the sweating and weight gain.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kutiebug (nice name)

Are you taking any other meds with Ven, they don't mix well especially with Mirtazapine. I was the same I put 2 stone on in 2 months, depression worse then ever and just slept all the time. So decided to ditch both drugs but I came off the Mirt straight away and only taking 75mg at the moment and I feel so much better.

At the end of the day if your not feeling better then the drugs are not working.

Thanks

Neil x

• Posted

Thank you! I am only on the ven right now. It does help with my anxiety but I just can't take the side effects anymore. I'm hoping there is a better alternative for me

• Posted

I could have written this Kutiebug..I too am VERY, VERY tired of the sweating...It is awful and I feel like I need 10 showers a day....I can't make a move without sweating.  I am going to speak to my doctor about changing meds....It is my understanding that Venflaxine is the only one that has this sweating side effect. I guess I could control the weight gain, but not the sweating. I will let you know what my doctor says.  I am afraid to taper off of Venlafaxine because of the horrendous withdrawal symptoms...so maybe switching anti-depressants is a better alternative.  I hear Welbutrin is good... I will keep you posted.

• Posted

Yes please keep me posted! And good luck! My appt isn't until the end of sept

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.