Swollen after laparoscopic surgery weight gain! Anyone else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

A week ago I had my right Fallopian tube removed they thought it was a cyst until they went in and saw my Fallopian tube was twisted with 5cm of fluid in just the tube. they saved the ovary. Ive gone down some but noticed my weight has gone up and Im trying to rest and be healthy. Still painful on the right side where they took the tube out but everything else is ok. Also just get really tired. I hoped I could go back to work this week but think its maybe still too soon. You girls experiencing anything like this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I haven't experienced my tube being twisted but i had my left tube and ovary taking out cause i had a cyst on my ovary that was getting big. My stomach is still swollen and it has been about a month now but my gyn doctor said after the 6 weeks i will go back to normal i am still experiencing pain on both side but i can deal with it

• Posted

Hi DeeDee, I've had similar experience, 2 weeks ago I had a 17 x 16cm cyst removed along with my right ovary and fallopian tube and I have the same symptoms you have, I have noticed i do much better when I eat only healthy and drink lots of water and I think the getting tired will get better as the weeks to by, our bodies are still healing, let me know how things go with you smile

• Posted

Hi DeeDee, I've had similar experience, 2 weeks ago I had a 17 x 16cm cyst removed along with my right ovary and fallopian tube and I have the same symptoms you have, I have noticed i do much better when I eat only healthy and drink lots of water and I think the getting tired will get better as the weeks to by, our bodies are still healing, let me know how things go with you smile

• Posted

Hi , how r you doing now? I had my 6cm cyst removed 4days back. I also see my stomach bloated and weight getting increased. Both sides hurt, but i can deal with it. I am worried about my weight. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.