Swollen and painful knees

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve had swollen knees for 3 months and I cannot get the swelling to go away. It seems I’ve tried everything, even cortisone shots. I have some osteoarthritis, mild tendinitis, and mild non-specific edema. Maybe bursitis? I’m not walking well at all, very limited. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did your doctor drain your knees? Could this be the problem?
    • Posted

No, he did not drain the knees before the cortisone shots.
  • Posted

Has he ever drained your knees? If not, has he said anything about them being swollen? It would seem that the knees being swollen could put pressure on your nerves etc if it's water that is causing the swelling. My thoughts are if you can control the swelling you just might improve overall? Can you ask him or do you need to find another doctor? And if so, and it's been awhile since last cortisone shot, I wouldn't say you had been to other doctors with this problem. Start new.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.