Swollen and painful perineum

Posted , 5 users are following.

I noticed a small pea sized lump on my perineum between anus and scrotum which use to sting very mildly if touched . But since then it has swollen considerably and is causing discomfort and when touched pains also on coming contact with anything that I can't sit comfortably .It is hard and no pus formation is being noticed . My blood test shows Bacterial Infection and my doctor has prescribed me 2 tablets ie 1. Doxycycline 2.Cefpodoxime Proxetil with Potassium Clavulanate . I don't want want any incision currently as have a hectic schedule ahead in few days .

Will these antibiotics be able to drain this out . Please help .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you drink soda pop, stop. I use to have all these problems, however it's been theee years and five months since I've drank pop. I don't have any more perks all problems. I hope this helped.

• Posted

Yes they should do as long as you take them as prescribed and don't miss any out, fingers crossed for you 

• Posted

I'm not a doctor and I haven't tried this but another person here tried topical magnesium paste. If you do not take a vitamin tablet start taking an a-z one and eat as much veg as you can. Might not help but it did for me and many others on this forum. Antibiotics work sometimes hopefully they will help. Have a look at some of the other posts. Good luck let us know how you get on please.

• Posted

This sounds like some kind of abess the antibiotics may help but think it have to be prepaid for it to be drained

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.