Swollen and Stiff fingers when I wake up

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI, ALL,

On waking up every morning for past few mths my fingers are swollen, I thought I must have some sort of arthritis in them as its In my family. My sisters mother and father have it. I had a hand xray and its showing nothing up in the way of arthrits. My GP said it could be circulation. I dont think this is the case I am trim look after myself walk a lot. I am 54 year old lady. My question is can you have athritis that wouldnt nessasery show up on xrays

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jeanette, I am responding as I have had the same problem on and off, particualrly in a couple of fingers on the right hand. None of my family had it and it sometimes goes away (didn't have anything for a week or so and then this morning a couple of fingers on the right hand again). 'i too have had an xray that has shown nothing. They were looking for trigger finger and i would assume if you had an xray that would show too if it was the cause. Again, similar to you, I am 54 and do daily fitness so doubt that it is circulation. Hopefully, someone will provide us with an answer as I am stuck as to why it comes and goes completely and then suddenly appears again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.