Swollen ankle

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i had a few cuts on my leg was treated with 2 lots of antibiotics now my ankle is badly swollen its very sore i still have the cuts any advice please

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like possible infection... or allergy to the antibiotic, are you having any other symptoms... did the ankle get injured when you got the cuts ? More to the point how did the cuts happen 😕

• Posted

a fell a few weeks ago but ankle was fine untill the last 2 days

• Posted

More likely an injury that you have managed to walk through because sometimes we are too tough too since and moan .. could be torn ligament, sprained, fracture? The cuts wont help bless you. I feel very hard on my knee and cut it but this was 4 months ago.. it still hurts it swells on and off and if i slightly knock it the knee bone feels like its on fire.. didn't get it checked out though too busy 😕 but now I am going to suggest to you to ask for an x ray, i shall practice what I am preaching. Definitely do get it looked at if you can

• Posted

Either or .. injury or infection spreading it needs attention x

• Posted

thank you yes my cuts keep opening up to thank you for tge advice x

• Posted

I fell and mildly grazed my knees and the cuts healed quickly. However, I too was left with a sporadic burning sensation on the bone of one knee. I think, I may have damaged a nerve because this is the sensation you get with nerve injuries. I have nerve injuries in both my arms from a bad fall to the elbow and a dodgy blood test. I get burning sensations there too.

• Posted

a got kept in but doctors have been telling me for over a year a had ibs and hospital a havent got it tryed telling my doctor this months ago

• Posted

I have ignored injuries in the past because I was too busy and frightened to see the doctor. I have lived to regret it because the injury did not heal properly.It's good you are seeing your doctor. If the wound keeps opening, it sounds like it might need stitching.

• Posted

they got checked when a got took into hospital with my stomach again my doctor was wrong as they are abscess thank you so yes get them checked also blood flow to my leg so right

• Posted

If you have an abcess, you will most likely be given antibiotics; your doctor may have to drain the wound. Having an infection can cause gut disturbance.

• Posted

Maybe the infection is resistant to the antibiotic you were given. Your doctor will have to try a different one if this is the case.My mum got frequent UTis and was given antibiotics. On one occasion, the urine test showed that the particular bacteria she had was resistant to the antibiotic she was taking. She was given a different medication and the infection cleared up. Ask your doctor to test for antibiotic resistance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.