Swollen ankles.

Posted , 3 users are following.

been on AA for 5 weeks.  Hate it but have decided with a hip score of -3.3 I'll put up with it for two years.  Has anyone else had fluid retention as a side effect? I have MS so I'm not as mobile as most people which probably doesn't help but I've never had swollen ankles before so it must be the AA.  I am hoping it's just annoying but harmless and I can just ignore it.  Or should I see a doctor?  There's probably another pill for the side effect but that will probably have side effects too!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have that without taking AA so can only imagine how I would react to that drug. I have lymphodema and have to raise my legs which also helps my back with the bulging discs. 

Hope you will not get too many issues with AA.

• Posted

Yes, i have to say, most of my leg and foot tissues seem swollen on a daily basis, but the most annoying and soul destroying of all ( unsure whether a side effect of AA or not) is my inability to lose weight! Ive tried everything and after two weeks of absolutely nothing sweet/fat laden/processed i lost a grand total of....half a pound!

At that rate it'd take me decades to lose what i need to lose!

If you're overly worried, i would always say go and see your GP for reassurance/assistance, I am nearing the end of my 2yrs on AA now, and I can't say i will miss it one iota when it goes - especially in terms of the leg/knee pain - it has honestly been horrendous.

Good luck Carol - let us know how you get on x

• Posted

I count calories...1200 per day. It is slow going but it gradually comes off. I measure everything right down to a teaspoon of honey or 20 grapes. I have different things so grapes might be occasional. We make chicken and vegetable soups which are low in calories. Weigh only monthly and measure as well as it will give you some results when you can see no progress in pounds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.