Swollen Ankles

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

After some help, most nights when i get in from work i have swollen ankles, i think it is fluid as by the morning they have gone down.

Not concerned would just like advice on how to stop this if possible?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi dawn, take two buckets of water, fill up to the knee. One with very cold, the other with warm. Put your feet into the buckets, into the cold for one minute and into the warm for three minutes. Alternate a few times. This will help the swelling.
    • Posted

Daphne has lots of great advice. Always listen to it! Also icing and elevation may help as well as strong compression socks, if you don't get pain putting them on at this point. Your ankle will get better with time, but try not to overdo too soon, if you can. Paul did that and it has been hard on him. 

• Posted

Thank you, i have managed to badly sprain both ankles over the years and this is the cause of the swelling i think. i use compression socks but they do get painful sometimes.

Wearing heels makes it worse.

• Posted

I'll send you a private link with my favorite brand of compression socks.

• Posted

Hi dawn, take two buckets of water, fill up to the knee. One with very cold, the other with warm. Put your feet into the buckets, into the cold for one minute and into the warm for three minutes. Alternate a few times. This will help the swelling.
  • Posted

Compression. socks . There are some over the conter but the best one are those ones you need a prescription from a doctor in the US. I don't know if you can get compression socks in the UK.

Have you checked with a doctor to see if you have diabetes or a kidney problem. If you have a kidney problem, just check your pee in the toilet.If there are suds like soap suds or foam and they don't go away, you have a kidney disorder, it is called proteinuria. When I had swollen ankles, that was the cause of my problem. When it got worse was when my legs and ankles starred leaking water.

But you should at least try compression socks they really help your legs and ankles

• Posted

Nothing like either of those as i know the symptoms and i can check my blood sugar as my other half has diabetes.

thanks though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.