swollen ankles end of day through job where sitting down all day help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i sit for 10 hours a day as a receptionist iam 59 very overweight is there anything i can do to actually help this iam fine at weekends as iam on the move help anyone any advice

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I dont want to be unkind but have you thought of reducing your food intake and getting some training equipment. I am 81 and had an ankle problem.I first reduced my weight from 150 kg to 80kg and then had an ankle replacement. 8 weeks on and I am 82kg and walking again with one crutch. Swelling should go down in the next 6 months with totaly back to full recovery in about a year.

Their is no short cut for you as your poor ankle needs recovery from your over weight problem. Ankle massage may help in the short term. Regards Mr Ankle

• Posted

Hi mr ankle thanks for your reply i havnt problem with my ankles all it is like fluid retention as i dont get it weekends when on feet and your probably right weight loss definatly help but thankyou for that message

• Posted

Hi gosh if only losing weight we're that simple x brostrum gould 18 months ago, 53 still struggling with weight bearing excercise so weight is a problem but swimming is my salvation 20 lengths 6 days a week and I can keep the swelling under control and stretch out in all my excercises in water so much easier

good luck it does get easier do everything your Physio says and do your excercises every day even when your signed off

can you get anything under your desk to put your foot on? If not toes above nose for half an hour when you get in 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.