swollen belly

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there I had a hysterectomy on 7th Jan ovaries left keyhole surgery everything went fantastic speedy recovery back at work 6 weeks post op but every couple of weeks my belly seems to swell up I look about 6mths pregnant do any of you ladies have this problem and what can I do please any advice would be great x

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda

i had my TAH with ovaries removed on 1st April 

I am the same. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said it could take up to a year for all the internal healing to happen. I am now 11 weeks post op and some nights my belly looks huge. 

Im hoping when I start to exercise it will reduce but my tummy is still really tender. 

Im hoping time will help and it will reduce soo.  

lee x

• Posted

Thanks poppy l thought it was just me have put on a little bit of weight since op and have packed in smoking a year ago but when it comes on looks like I've been pigging out all day and truth is l haven't hardly eaten because I'm so uncomfortable it's so annoying but on the plus side never felt better really if you get my drift lol x
    • Posted

I k ow exactly what you mean. 

I feel great as haven't bled since 1st April 

first time in years I have not been anaemic. 

But none of my clothes fit. 

I bought a bigger pair of trousers to see me through. Today I had in leggings and a big top. People comment on how well I look but I feel bloated. 

I'm not going to let it get me down though   

I know it will reduce in future. 

Lee x

• Posted

Hi Lee,

I feel exactly the same as you.Losing a 6lb fibroid got me excited to think how much slimmer I would feel.It did for a week but now I have been disheartened.The trouble is now I am back to work I am sitting on a till and I did more walking when I was off

• Posted

Lol you sound just like me so glad my heavy bleeds have stopped and don't look like death warmed up anymore now just need to ditch the leggings get push up bras back on and bobs yer uncle x
  • Posted

I had TAH & BSO 23 March I still have swollen belly I've 2 to 3 stone of my weight. I did read it can take upto 12 months to go down 
    • Posted

should have been lost weight 2 to 3 stone

• Posted

I'm 6 months post op and the 'swelly belly' is getting better, though it still happens if I lift anything too heavy and I'm talking huge plant pot with compost in (hubby went daft!)biggrin.

IT DOES GET BETTER WITH TIME I PROMISE wink

• Posted

Lol thanks phoebe least l know lm not alone it's just so frustrating and I'm the same as you think lm invincible but if it needs doing then so be it xx
    • Posted

I did something stupid again yesterday, I never learn, picked up 2 small bags of compost without thinking and my poor old tum complained bitterly, had to go to bed early, will take it easy today though..........promise. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.