Swollen chronic right foot

Posted , 3 users are following.

My spouse has had a chronic swollen foot every day since last September.  Went to 2 doctors one told him it was a vein problem and the other doctor told him it wasn't.  Both doctors didn't do any tests.  Both doctors told him to wear compression stockings but his foot is too puffed up to get the stocking on.  He does take high blood pressure medicine which is a diuretic, but it doesn't help the swelling.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Goto a dr until on agrees to do a Doppler or whatever test needed to check the veins in his legs.

Nothing can be seen on outside but edema is a test to look inward is mandatory.

• Posted

I've had terribles issues with a swollen chronic left foot which occurred almost a year to date after I had fractured my left hip - the hip is fine now most of the time, but I have seen my orthopedist for the swelling in my left foot thinking it might be related somehow but he says not - and I've seen him twice for the swelling.  My family doctor who is an internist has had every test he can think of run - doppler, xrays, bloodwork, etc.  And everything is normal as it should be.  My foot continues to be swollen and quite honestly, occasionally my right foot will swell a little bit but nothing to the extent of my left foot.  I am having a lot of success wearing the compression stockings (which I hate) and I had to wait to put the stocking on first thing in the morning after I showered not giving my foot time to swell so much that getting the stocking on would be difficult.  The compression stockings come in varying degrees of compression too, so maybe you could get a pair to start with that are a little less % compression?  Also, and I believe has something to do with the swelling is that I have two toes on my left foot which really hurt - they were the thing that actually kind of signaled me that something wasn't quite right when I tried to walk - I still have it all - I have no idea why but I'd love to hear from others - oh, and I do have a diuretics I can take too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.