Hi ladies

Does anyone suffer with swollen feet ankles and fingers to the point it hurts

Fed up feeling rubbish 😒

L x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lesley

Yep I get this and its really disconcerting and makes me feel like an old lady!!. Especially in this hot weather.

Always something going on with meno isn;t there :-(

Take care x

• Posted

yes it started about a yr or two ago ..i am overweight though so it may be related to that and just foudn out i have diabetes ...just over the threshold so idk if its the hormones or diabetes or both.  all i know is i didnt have half the stuff i have now 5 yrs ago ...i'm 54
  • Posted

That happened to me when I was on peri. My fingers and the joints would swell so much I couldn't wear my ring. And I'm not overweight at all. The doc checked me for all kinds of things. And I even ended up with a trigger thumb and had to have surgery. But I'm post meno now and all that has gone away. So hang in there. I believe it was just the fluctuation of my hormones.
  • Posted

Hi Lesley, yes I do swollen ankles for about a year now, the doctor said it's my tendon. The pain started know my hands about a month ago while on holiday could not move fingers in my right hand, now it's in both. Not a good day today could not even lift a cup. Bring referred to a Rheumatologist. Also liver function tests a little high was 134 2 wks ago now 205 not that concerned apparently could be lots of things but being sent for a scan. I am just convinced it's to do with the menopause with hie quick it has all come on. Any advice for pain relief would be could. I do sympathise with you lit'seems hard sometimes to get through a day. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.