swollen feet edema, pins needles ,crohns .

Posted , 3 users are following.

,hi . been on amlodipine just about 20 years now , aspirin , fosinopril, bendrofluazide,statin, but i can not get any more fosinopril , lucky i have few months of them left, so decided to look on net for an alternative for high blood pressure , here is what i have come up with (not tried) yet , beta alanine, creatine powder, taurine , omega 3 oil, potassium , magnesium , what strength i don't know as yet, oh and lose some weight , any of this remedy make any sense to anyone,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Anyone with BP should simply take their prescription drugs. Alternatives

like taurine, magnesium, omega 3, just name, simply does'nt work. I know it because i tried them. They cost a lot of money too.

Having blood presssure is mostly heriditary. It has nothing to do with losing weight. l was diagnosed with BP years ago, I was 15 kilos lighter.

It's just funny how a simple small pil can lower your BP, whilst fancy and expensive alternative supplements do nothing.

• Posted

hi victoria , like you i've been taking blood pressure meds for over 20 years, and they have worked very well , but now older not so good , one of my tablets fosinopril not been able to get , yes i have tried ramipril and some others , i am going late january for dobutamine stress echocardiogram at hospital , due to left ventricle thickening ,

but in the meantime just thought i would like to see if anyone on patient uk as tried anything else that as worked , thanks for your reply though

• Posted

One magnesium tablet and a glass of beetroot a day keeps my BP stable after ending up in A&E after taking only 2 amlodopine tablets. I am not taking anything else. Yes of course if you want to stay off drugs with horrendous side effects keep your weight down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.