Swollen frenulum and weird veins on penis glans. Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

The problem I have is weird, veiny like things on my glans, and a swollen frenulum (which seemingly has grown extra skin?) on the right side (left side of the photo).

This started as a swollen frenulum last year after a period of excessive masturbation/sex. At the time it was a big, cyst-like bulb underneath the glans. Over time this is slowly progressing over the glans, where more and more of these veiny things starting to pop up. They abate somewhat when I have an erection. The area also hurts a bit during the day, it feels bruised. The veins themselves are worst in the mornings.

I suspect that the bruised/swollen frenulum is at cause of this, and the veins are a by-effect of an engorged vein (and/or a blood clot in the vein).

Anyway, please help! What is it, and what can I do to treat it?



0 likes, 1 reply


1 Reply

  • Posted

    Thomas, this is certainly not one of those issues that you can put a relatively simple set of things in place in the hope of providing a cure for what you have going on.

    The only specialists that would know are Urologists, you can either get a referral from your Regular / Family Doctor / GP, or if you are in the UK go to a GUM Clinic at your Local General Hospital and ask to see a Urologist .......

    Report Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up