Swollen gland under jaw/tonsil stones for a year.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have had a swollen gland right under my jaw along with tonsil stones quite often, for a year now. I used to have a bad after-taste (like moth balls, ewww), but that pretty much went away.

I am in the process of de-stressing my life and getting more sleep. Maybe I got too run-down?

I also had some cavities done, but don't think I had an infection.

Thanks! Gina

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello what do tonsil stones look like I'm finkin I might have this do u still have urs? 
    • Posted

Also, do you know if it's your lymph node for sure? I think mine is tonsil, (about an inch from jaw bone). I know that sometimes they have to be removed, hoping not.
    • Posted

One doctor said there lymth nodes other said it's my tonsil nodes there next to neck muscle  under jaw I think we're ur saying  but I also feel small one around jaw when I put neck down but I think that normal  can feel partners to lol and kids 
  • Posted

Hello what do tonsil stones look like I'm finkin I might have this do u still have urs?  I also have lymth node I feel around jaw 
    • Posted

Hi Ambee, the tonsil stones look like little greyish/balls & smell bad (eeew)! They come up from the throat a few times a week still.

I still have a swollen tonsil or something on one side.

Sounds like you have the same thing. 

I read that the stones are harmless, but I think a   year is too long & tired of those crazy things!

I am going to the Dr. within a month to see what's going on, so I'll keep ya posted.

Hope you feel better!

• Posted

Please keep posted I only see somthing on one side like little things I'm typing doctors Friday to show them earliest could get me in please keep me posted smile 
    • Posted

Hi, I will let you know & same with what you find out too. 

If you see white things on the gland itself, sounds like Mono. But you would be feeling pretty bad though.

I had that in 87' & both glands are still slightly larger permanently now. Don't know what that's all about.

• Posted

Well about 3 months ago and 7months ago I had bad throat infection and chest it was like it wudnt go and I fort then did I have it as my glands are still raised can feel them but they been raised for about 6months or so now so supose if it was serious I'd have other sytoms 
    • Posted

It sounds similar to what I have. When I had Mono, the glands were huge and covered with white spots. It made my throat extremely sore & bed-ridden for 2 weeks. That was 17 years ago, and still about twice the size they used to be. I have asked several DR's over the years when I would be seen for a cold, & none of them thought it was a problem at all or explanation of why they're still swollen or whatever.

But having the gland under jaw larger, need to find that out soon. Hmmmm?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.