swollen glands??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been told by the doctor that I have acid reflux although I'm suspecting LPR as the acid seems to be coming higher up and affecting my throat (feeling of hoarseness, sore throat plus a few other things). My questions is whether anyone else with this gets swollen glands when they have bad flare ups? They aren't huge or painful, just like it is for me usually when I have a really bad cold or a sore throat. I'm just worried this is something more worrying (I have pretty bad health anxiety) and it would be good to know if anyone else gets this. If my 2months on omeprazole doesn't work I'll be going back to the docs but that's a way off yet. I'm hoping as my body feels like its under attack this is a reasonable response plus if my throats being damaged by acid I suppose it leaves me open to any number of bugs that want to attack me too sad anyone else that's had this, I'd appreciate hearing from you! Xx

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure it is swollen glands and not globus, which feels like you can't swallow and it hurts in your throat?

• Posted

Hey, when I say I can feel it, I mean I can feel it by prodding with my fingers rather than feel it when I'm swallowing. Its the 2 under my jaw and one down the left side of my neck. I've only noticed them since the other symptoms started. I haven't really had problems swallowing other than the fact that my throat gets sore. X

• Posted

I just started getting this about a week ago. Sore throat, swollen glands, stuffy ears, and a pain in my sternum area. I started taking PPI again yesterday, after being off of them for months. Really don't want any throat  damage. Also have queasiness daily, usually in the mornings. 

• Posted

That sounds exactly like me. I have the blocked ears too but I didn't know if it was related. My glands are under my jaw on both sides and at the top of my neck on the left, just under the one under my jaw. What PPI's were you on before. How long did it take to start working for you last time? I've been on these 3 weeks now (20mg omeprazole once a day) but I've hardly seen any difference. X

• Posted

tell your doctor about your swollen glands. It's a better way than searching in the internet. I have experienced the fact that a doctor's advice can never be replaced by the info on the net.

• Posted

Thanks, I have told the doctor but they seemed uninterested which I guess is good but it would be good to know at least this is the reason.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.