Swollen Glands

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can any help? 

I've had swollen glands just under my ears/ on the corners of my jaw for well over a year now and I went for a blood test and everything came back clear and the doctor put it down to my glands being on high alert from when I had a bad reaction to drugs because that's when the arose. 

I really don't think it's that though. I've stopped all of that and they've still not went down. I can feel them a lot if I move my head really far to one side or if I eat or drink anything sour. 

Can someone please give me some advise as they are starting to bother me now. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

There are far too many things that may cause this from STD's, to AutoImmune Disorders to infections. You will need to see a ENT doctor to have further test ran to determine the cause of your swollen glands. Sometime it takes the body along time to recover from an infection fully. If your having problems with your ears this could cause it as well, Keep seeing the doctor until a proper diagnosis is determined.

• Posted

Thank you. 

The problem I have with them is that the swelling gets worse then better but they never fully go. They've also started causing pain when I eat or drink things and give me earache. The doctor is being very helpful 

• Posted

I agree with Johnny you need to get it checked with the ENT doctor. I have a swollen gland in my neck had a scan done on it over a year ago and everything is normal even though its still there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.