Swollen glands in neck and groin and weightloss..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have been to my doctor recently to investigate my symptoms which are, swollen glands in neck and groin, unintentional weightloss, fatigue. The doctor has decided to send refer me to haematology and said I may need a scan or biopsy due to the size of the gland in my neck. My question is what does this mean? I did ask the doctor who pretty much told me not to worry a million times which automatically makes you worried if a doctor is overly reassuring. Any advise to what happens at a hematology appointment or just anything at all would be helpful. I am 25 and have two babies under two and can't help but worry.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Its nothing, just a precaution or test because of the your symptom of the swollen  lymph node in the neck and groin. 

Do you know how long you have it and whats the size ? 

• Posted

Hey! so i had all these test done last year i was sent to heamatologist/oncologist and he just asked basic questions and asked me to swallow some water while i looked up i have no idea why haha but thats what i had to do and then he did a basic check over to feel for other swolen glands. I hope all goes well for you and let me know how you go i know it can be scary i completely understand what you are going through. I still have some health issues which sucks because its still a possibility on the whole cancer situation but i am yet to have other tests done so i guess ill see how i go and i am also 21 which is scary that i am so young and heres a lot of family history of cancer on my dads side which doesnt help but like i said dont worry to much about the appointment its nothing crazy just basic stuff. Let me know how you go is the appointment booked soon ?
  • Posted

As hard as it may be, don't try to worry (although I'm terribly guilty of it myself, and I'm having similar problems and I'm 20yrs old now, just had my bday). I've never been to one of those appointments before, but thought I'd at least say something. If your doctor doesn't seem worried, it should be okay. They're probably just checking that there's a slim chance that it could be potentially serious. I'm getting some x-rays done on my lymph nodes in my neck (left side, and they're large). My doctor said that there could be just an infection in the lymphnode itself, and doesn't automatically mean cancer. That being, she said that I still need a checkup, just to be sure. I hope this helped ease your mind! I feel a little bit better after seeing my doctor today, especially after she mentioned that if could just be an infection. So perhaps that's what's going on with you. However, if you continue to have symptoms and your doctor doesn't order anymore tests, find another one. My mother always told me that if they aren't taking you seriously, go somewhere else, because it's YOUR health at risk. Please keep us updated, we'd like to know how you're feeling. I wish you nothing but the best. Take care. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.