Swollen Glands in neck? PLEASE READ!

Posted , 34 users are following.

So a few days ago i had some neck pain, mostly stiffness. I shrugged it off. But then the next day, it started throbbing and twitching.Then my wrist started feeling achy and so was my legs..it was like cramps.This is happening on my left side by the way. So the "swollen gland" is feeling so weird and is twitching  and throbbing that im constantly holding my neck. My cheeks, nose, and eyes are feeling fuzzy. I also sometimes have to rub my eyes. A few times i get throbbing like headaches. 

I wouldnt say that my throat hurts but, I have thick mucus which is sometimes hard to swallow and have the feeling of a lump in my throat. Sometimes feel a crackling when i swallow. I also sometimes get a little bit dizzy or unbalanced.

The "swollen" gland is a little bit red, and isnt really a lump, but is stretched and tender. The gland on my armpit is also feeling a bit squishy.  I went to the doctor and she prescribed antibiotics (only took 1) she is also checking if there is an infection. 

Im also having GERD like symptoms....so i feel miserable. 

SOMETIME HELP ME KNOW WHAT THIS IS.

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Aw that's no good sad gave you had any night sweats or even had a scan? Maybe you should go to Drs and get it checked. I have a lump behind my collarbone and it's giving me nearly the same amount of grief as what you described but it's not squishy its a bit hard and doesn't move. I think you need to see dr just to make sure its nothing sinister good luck and be sure to post an update smile
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. smile

My lymph nodes are still here (and tender) but no pain and discomfortness. I had an infection for about 2 months now (horrible) and my doctor is 100% sure my lymph nodes swelled up for this reason. I also discovered a lump under my collarbone a few years ago(not exact same spot as your but you know). This caused me extreme worry and i thought it was a tumor. It was hard and rigid. I went to the doctor freaking out and then was told that it was my manubrium bone. Wow i felt stupid. But it's all my health anxiety. I also have a few other problems (mainly my thyroid) and they are freaking me out. I have these horrible headaches everyday and im constantly thinking there is something wrong with me, but im still thinking, it's just stress.

~I took an thyroid ultrasound, blood test, chest x-ray, and a renal ultrasound and im still waiting for the results. rolleyes

-Are you going to take an x-ray?

I hope nothing turns out wrong. rolleyes 

Or if anything is wrong, i hope its benign. Or maybe it's just your lymph nodes?

But anyways, good luck and I hope everything turns out alright. smile

• Posted

Fingers crossed for you and I hope your results are ok. I'm having an ultrasound on Monday hopefully that might show something not sinister. I have a history of CIN III when I was 25-26 I'm now 34 and praying it's not the big C. My pain started last May/June last year while watching my daughter play basketball it just started hurting like I badly strained it I had a X-ray and it showed arthritic changes in cervical spine, Ayer trying to massage the pain away that's when I felt a lump. The dr referred me for an ultrasound that was in October I think, the lady doing it went on to tell me no one has lymph nodes in there neck it's probley just your scalene muscle. I left there nearly in tears and felt discouraged to get to the bottom of. I was upset as I have nursing background and she was a grumpy older woman with no bedside manner. And of course everyone has lymph nodes I don't know what planet she was from, she didn't even scan over the lump! Just ultra sounded the side of neck! I just want to be normal again Iv also had night sweats migraines sore back the list is endless... Thankyou for your concern I really hope and pray things will look up for you xx 😃il let you know how I go, and when you get your results if you want you can let me know 😃 all the best gen
    • Posted

Yeah i get you, some doctors don't take things so seriously just because they "assume" something isn't wrong. It's annoying. 😵. 

And sure i will post an update and you do the same.

Let's just wish eachother good luck. smile smile smile

• Posted

Hi any news yet I've felt my lymth nodes around my jaw and my two main ones side of neck muscle Witch I mean told some. Doctors say I'm making it up or others said my main glands.everyone I no can feel. Them. I no no why there feel able. But no one esl. I no can feel. Them
    • Posted

And I have throbbing pain n my neck I end up jolting my neck like it's pulsing lol like I got tooth pain but I hvnt
    • Posted

Heylo ambee.

Im sorry to hear that. I also feel throbbing in my neck. It's really scary. 

My next doctor's visit is April 4th, so i'll post an update when i come back. smile

• Posted

what happened?  I have neck lumps pain; wondering about thyrodd.
  • Posted

So tomorrow I have my ultrasound. Tonight I'm in agony to point of being in tears. My rt side of my throat hurts it feels like when I swollow there is something pushing in my throat I have sharp shoulder blade pain and the lump behind my collar bone is so painful 😭 today Iv have 80mg of Targum and 20mg oxynorn that's dince 7am it's now 9.01pm I can't bear this anymore 😭 I have my scan in 11hrs and just want to find out what the hellos going on I'm only 34 I feel like I have no quality of life oh why is life so cruel 😭 I'm sorry for smoking but I'm at my wits end I just want a diagnosis at least that way I can start to deal with the problem something is not right!!!
  • Posted

Hi, did you find out what was wrong eventually? I am in similar situation with swollen lymph glands!

• Posted

Hey again Jess! Do you know what? It wasn't my lymph glands after all! It was my thyroid. I ran many tests and my lymph nodes were untouched. My thyroid has gotten really bad. It also seems to be that something in my anatomy system isn't working (the pain). I am easily getting sick (colds, sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose, phlegm, sore throat *they come and go) and im wondering if its its my immune system or my thyroid...or maybe even both. I am getting chest pain (still) bubbling stomach, gas, weird heart feelings, and just good old anxiety. I took a renal ultrasound, chest x-ray, blood test and thyroid ultrasound. My doctor didn't say anything about any of the tests (maybe cause they turned out negative!?) except for my thyroid ultrasound saying that they found 2 thyroid nodules. Yes that certainly got me scared. I am now waiting for my next appointment with a endocrinologist in June 16 (UGH!)...But hey, I finally got an appointment.

Now I am just hoping and praying that everything will turn out alright!

How are you? What did you find out?

• Posted

Hi sorry just replying! I haven't really found anything out really apart from that I have more swollen lymph glands than I thought and that going to do another scan in a few months. I have also had bad rashes on my neck/chest and not sure what's causing both of these and also chest and stomach pain! sad
    • Posted

Hi there,

I have been looking for someone similiar to my symptoms and boy you hit the nail on the head. I am scared just like you were, just got diagnosed with an adenoma thyroid nodule. They say to leave it in and do no surgery until its needed. What did you end up doing. I feel like I don't have a life and i am not me anymore I am used to being so outgoing, but no I am paranoid and sick for the last 7 months. Can you you please share with me if anything has helped you. I am just so scared and sore. Thank you. Hope you are doing much better?I have the exact same symptoms you have, 

• Posted

Hi Ophelia123,

I hope you're doing better these days. I know that it's been a while since you created this thread, but I just googled my way in here today. I'm currently experiencing all the same symptoms you described in your original post.  I've have seen several doctors and they don't know what's going on. I'm curious if you ever found out what the cause was?  And if you were successfully treated?  All the best -CS

• Posted

Hey do you smoke ? I smoke regularly weed and I'm getting the same symptoms when I smoke my right lung and neck tighten up and I do feel a lump in my neck underneath my infected molar! like it's moving not steady , also my earaches and I have a tooth infection my right side of the head feels pressure almost and the pain goes from my shoulder blade to my clavicle and when I take a deep breath it feels like that tendons there are pulling my muscle down and I can't barely a mild pain all day after smoking

• Posted

I am actually pretty sure it was some type of infection. When I took the antibiotics, the pain and symptoms went away (regarding to the neck issue). Sorry for replying so late, havent logged on in about 2 years,yikes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.