Swollen gums inside my mouth

Posted , 2 users are following.

A couple years ago I was told by a dentist that I needed a ruth canal (not sure how to pronounce it) butt I wasn't due for another 6 months. By time that came around I had forgot and had no money nor insurance or Medicaid. No over the years my tooth has broke off until it's hanging by the ends in my gums. theres a whole in the middle of it butt its hanging around the edges. Recently it turned bLack & I can't brush it cause it is killing me. Now for the last 3 days iv had swollen gums In the inside of my mouth only right next to my tooth no where else. Its so big I can't chew right or drink right nor talk right. I have no insurance and I'm told that I can't get no information over the phone. I'm scared that it may be a life or death situation and I really need some advice. None of my teeth have problems except for this one. Any information is helpful. Thank you in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Nikki, I can't advise you on the US medical insurance system, but one way or another you have to get that tooth seen to (and almost certainly removed) or it could indeed turn into a life or death situation at some point. You clearly have a very nasty infection there. I don't know how it works in the US, but could you go to the ER?

• Posted

I could go to the e.r butt I wanna save the hastle because I have 2 kids I wouldn't have a babysitter for and I don't want a hospital bill I was looking for other options butt if it comes down to it that's what I would have to do

• Posted

Nikki, if you get an abscess that spreads into your jawbone (or worse) and you have to spend time in the hospital, how is that going to save you money or hassle? You really do need to get this looked at before it gets any worse. Surely you owe it to your kids and yourself not to get sick?

There is no other option.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.