Swollen head update

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey everyone ive been on this board frequently the last month of so.

ive been having some severe head pressure. not a migraine type. but more like a squeezing sensation.

my ears are crackling and i have facial tension (when i raise my eyebrows i can feel the tension in my face)

the pressure has been so tight that even my eyes seem to have gotten a little red (veiny)

this all started when i had vertigo after flu-like symptoms in january. it eventually turned into vertigo. then ear pressure, facial tension.

then my vertigo from my eyes went away. no more vertigo feeling! i dont feel drunk anymore

but that being said, i do get a little lightheaded due to the head pressure all over.

i have no mucus, no fever.

on top of this, i do have tingling sensations in my hands and feet, cold fingers and burning sensations in my feet.

it seems whatever is going on in my head/neck is giving me peripheral neuropathy.

worst of all, i can now hear my heart in my ears. and its pulses loudly. its hard to sleep. and my heart rate jumps so fast if i move in a different direction.

not sure what the hell is going on, but my doctor did originally diagnose me with a brutal ear or sinus infection.

which is odd cause i never had mucus, fever or cough throughout any of these symptoms.

yes it all started after having flu like symptoms, but there was no fever and cough throughout the vertigo/heavy head sensations.

its driving me crazy.

any idea if my doctor is right? can an inner ear or sinus problem give me swelling of my head? (this doesnt feel like a migraine)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i was going to suggest you check your blood pressure, but I'm sure the Doc did. I was going suggest too much salt maybe, but Doc probably checked your bp so no high bp, i hope, which could be caused by kidneys not working and make your face swell. I am thinking maybe an infection in your sinuses like the Doc said. Sorry, i have not helped much.

• Posted

yeah i do have a little bit of high blood pressure.

also, my face is sort of swollen but its mainly my head and my neck.

the swelling seems to be affecting my nerves.

but im just trying to figure out is why.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.