Swollen inferior turbinate causing cartilage to be mobile

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve got a relatively bigger inferior turbinate in my right nostril and at times it even touches the wall of my nasal septum (I can still breathe through it though and have no congestions). This turbinate causes me to have a dull pain around the entire nose and forehead area, radiating from the right side. I also have upper tooth pain/sensation (more dominant on the right side) that’s just dull. What I noticed is that when I scrunch my nose, the cartilage on my the right side make a slight popping or clicking sound. I was wondering whether this might be due to the turbinate being big enough to mess with the right lateral cartilage...

In other sites I've seen health professionals saying cartilage moving in the nose is normal but I've also seen others saying it's not. I have had no prior trauma or any severe sinus issues before this turbinate problem of mine. It really is strange and I wonder if other people share a similar story with mine.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.