Swollen knees

Posted , 2 users are following.

Lets start from the beginning. 

1 year and 3 months ago I torn my meniscus in my right knee. I was not able to get surgery until 6 months after the incident. so for 6 months I was limping and lost some muscle mass on my right side and gained more on my left. 

Once the surgery was finished I felt great and for about a week I was able to walk normal again but once I start leveling my self out with walking correctly I developed Sciatica on my right side and my right foot started hurting alot as well. 4 months of chiropractor visits helped alot with the sciatica issues but then all of a suddent my LEFT knee started to swell. I saw an orthopedic and we did and MRI and it showed nothing was wrong just alot of water on the knee which could be from over working the left knee so he prescribed me Meloxicam for inflammation but it just got worse.

My right Foot continued to hurt and my left knee swelling never went down. Then I developed Carpal tunnel in my Right hand. 

I did several blood panal exams, Xrays, MRIs .... All showed nothing in the foot or knee. no arthritis, no gout, no diabetes , normal levels of almost everything. Fast forward to the future. 

NOW: BOTH knees are swollen, they dont hurt they are just swollen and i cant bend them or put alot of pressure on them . I see a podiatrist for my foot who thinks I have really bad tendinitis in the foot after applying my normal body weight back on it after surgery since I was not putting wait on it for 6 months. 

So the main issues are the knees. I do have muscle loss in my legs from not being able to walk correctly for a year so I was thinking maybe the water build up is caused by too much stress on the knees. since the MRI and Xrays and blood tests show nothing wrong. 

I have spent weeks icing, elevating them and compression and nothing is working. 

What do it do? 

What are your professional thoughts. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Banth, not a professional but I am someone who has had knee problems for years. I now have a very bad osteoarthritic left knee which swells as it wants to. This is turn affects my foot. Then I have surgeries on my foot and if that plays up, then it affects my knee and vice versa. Exercise in water is good for your knees as is using a cross trainer or static bike to build up your muscles. I have also had a hip replacement on the right side and my right knee was giving me a lot of pain, once I learned to walk properly. I now have an apt with a foot health clinic to do biometrics to see how I actually walk. Have you been tested for rheumatoid arthritis? ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.