Swollen legs

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have been on my feet a lot this week ( 5 days at work in a row) so quite a painful week. Also had acupuncture yesterday. My ankles and calves were a bit swollen last night is that anything else people have experienced 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

HI, yes I get that a lot, especially on my left leg/ankle. Worse when I've been active and walking around a lot.

• Posted

Hi there. Yes I get swollen ankle, legs, hands and wrists regularly. We've had a hectic week house searching so have been on my feet a lot and I've experienced this to the point I couldn't zip up my right boot! I hate the swelling, I don't know what causes this with the Fibromyalgia but I too would be interested in any replies you get regarding this, even suggestions for treating it? Perhaps natural therapies. Best wishes x
    • Posted

Glad I'm not the only one.

I've tried my best to sit with my legs elevated today, drank plenty of fluids and stayed off my feet as much as possible. Seems to have done the trick, legs not as swollen or painful which is good

• Posted

I've had two bouts of swollen feet/foot, one from a BP med and the other a while after hip replacement.....upping grape seed extract both times got rid of the edema for me......grape seed extract is known to be a good remedy for edema and many many other health issues...works on our circulatory system......I've been taking it since 1995.....

My daughter has edema issues and I worry about her but she says she has things under control.....she takes grape seed ex....but know kidneys should be thought about....I am not sure if kidney work is from blood or urine tests.....just a thought.   Joy

• Posted

Oh more more thought, watch the white salt intake and know that more potassium is needing to balance sodium and potassium ... I take extra potassium daily as well,   most days 2-3 99mg potassium citrate or glucconate....

Standard labs should include potassium checks.......extra potassium can also give us more energy....

A friend who was fanatic about salts and never used them, would pass out a lot and in the ER she was always potassium depleted.....

• Posted

This was my first thought when I saw this thread "That's never happened to me, but I only use sea salts and get plenty of minerals. I wonder if Joy commented. I'm sure she will know".

• Posted

Do I have a reputation?    Too bad I never made money "pushing" grape seed extract all these years.....but the satisfaction of improved health is good enough.   Joy
    • Posted

Not sure with other people, but you do with me anyway. I look forward to your replies. And you've helped me a lot. I like it when you disagree with me because it either teaches me something or makes me really think about the subject. I started using this site to help people, but I'm positive I've received more than I've given.
    • Posted

I LOVE the alternative world of  healing,take it any day over the drugs.

It's interesting that I get flack since I am against knee surgery for me, as I work to keep my knee and not put artificial parts in it.   A hip replacement was enough for my life time.  I show my side of this and get the flack.... Joy 

• Posted

I'm in the US and buy all my supplements online for best prices....all health food stores sell grape seed extract, it's available here in many outlets.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.