swollen legs and ankles

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, this is my first post, so please be gentle with me.

I have been on Citalopram for 4 months and only just found this site.

I have just read back a few pages and noticed that nobody has added the side effects of swoolen legs snd ankles, I am just wondering is it only me that has these symptoms?. It has only just about 2 weeks ago started happening. and it is more severe on my right side. Anyone help me out on this please?????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi bubblejugs, :lol: (The name made me laugh). How fitting!!!!

Hey, I get swollen legs and ankles to, but I put it down to either the heat, or blood pressure problems. I dont know if it is a side effect or not, If i were you , bubblejugs, I would ask the doctor, and get your blood pressure checked also, as it could be a result from having high or low BP. But not sure, so I would just ask and get checked out to be on the safe side.

Take care of you bubblejugs.....pleas.

• Posted

[b]YES! :lol: :oops: My Bp is on the high side, but its okay, had it checked, I still have swollen ankles though! But I do find I am sensitive when the heat sets in , everthing seems to swell :lol:
  • Posted

Hi Bubbleyjugs,

I agree with Tiny Tears, and I've been reading this thread for a while and cannot recall anyone else suggesting this as a side effect of Citalopram. Not to say that it isn't, but Katy is right. Check it out with your doctor,as soon as you can. Don't mess with high blood pressure, it's a silent killer.

I'd like too know how you get on, and if this condition can be ascribed to Citalopram.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.