Swollen like feel around my throat??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve been having this problem for almost a week already and I’m just tired of the sensation it causes when I drink ligquids.

I’ve started to realize that my throat has been feeling a bit constricted to the point that every time I burp or swallow liquids, most of the time it doesn’t go through. Especially the burping  case. It seems to rise up like regular but only stops around the top of my esophagus and doesn’t come out. 

Sometimes if I pat my chest a bit hard, it does successfully come out

I do drink a lot of water and ginger root tea and because I don’t eat often the water falls straight through and I end up using the restroom a lot.

I also seem to be getting acid reflux for a few seconds and when it calms down, I burp freely for a while then back to square one.

Does anybody know what’s causing my swollen throat? 

I get some might think it’s the ginger’s Doing but I’ve been having it way more earlier this year and never seemed to be a problem?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, i was told by a doctor that reflux was causing my earache and sore throat. My throat feels slightly swollen and i have to keep swallowing to try clear it. I dont think think the ginger would cause it but might make you burp more which might cause the acid to irritate your throat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.