Swollen Lymph node and now I'm stressed!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

ive been through several tests over the last month... endoscopies, ultrasounds, CT Scan and blood tests....nothing found or even of concern.

this weekend i celebrated hard on Friday with way too much beer....naturally hungover on Saturday.....i now have a swollen lymph node on the right aide of my neck...not visibly but tender to touch, slightly harder and i can feel it when i move my neck...my natural panic is...it could be cancer...however given ive just gone thoigh some testing and no evidence of anything of concern and given the timing...after a heavy drinking session which is not a normal occurence for me....do you think it could just be a reaction to that rather than something developing? im a bit worried even though i feel it nust be from the heavy session given it only came on after that night and my tests showed nothing prior...

ay advice would be great 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

turns out i have shingles ....not ringworm....and doctor has said they think the lymph swelling is likely linked to the shingles as jt is a virus.....so unless the lymph node swells up huge....its pretty clearly related to the shingles....so i would say i may have overreaction

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.