Swollen Lymph Node help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 20 years old and I have a swollen lymph node on the side of my neck. It's painless and doesn't seem to move. I have no other symptoms and I haven't been sick which I know is a common cause. It seems like it's gotten a little more noticeable (and bigger) but that could just be my imagination. I only noticed it about 3-4 days ago (not to say I didn't have it earlier and just didn't notice; I found it by accident) so I'm sure it's nothing but just wanted some input smile

Thanks everyone!

Kristen

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kristen, sounds pretty similar to myself. I'm 20 too, and about 6 months ago i noticed a small lump the the left side of my neck but thought nothing of it becuase it didn't hurt, so i just left it and checked it every now and again. Recently i was watching something on TV about cancer and they mentioned about checking for lumps- this made me curious to see if my lump was still there- was surprised to see that it was and felt alot more prominent and harder which suggested to me that it might have grown. This was a bit concerning so i decided to go to my GP to get it checked out- she said it was most likely to be an enlarged lymph node which flared up a while ago when i might have had a cold or the flu and it just never returned back to normal size, but as i couldn't remember being ill and thought it had grown in size she was a bit concerened so sent me for a blood test to get my full blood count and refered me over to the hospital to get an ultrasound which i'm going for tomorrow morning. I know it can be quite stressful worrying what it might be, so i would just go get it checked out like i have done just for peace of mind if anything- most likely to not be something sinister as its quite common for these to pop up, but again you never know! Hope this helps smile
    • Posted

Thanks for your response! Let me know how the ultrasound goes.  Best of luck!
    • Posted

Hey the ultrasound went fine she said everything looked normal and it was slightly enlarged but felt worse where i am 'slim' haha felt silly afterwards but glad i got it checked to stop me worrying! Hope your okay with yours - has it gone down yet? 
    • Posted

It's still the same.  It's only been about 11 days so I'm going to wait another week or so and if it still doesn't go down then I will make an appointment to get it checked.  Glad your ultrasound went well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.