Swollen lymph node in groin

Posted , 4 users are following.

So been trying push on from my health anxiety, thought i was getting somewhere until last night.. I was laid in bed last night and where my leg joins my hip was very tender, further invenstigation i could feel a lymph node (well I presume its a lymph node) 

This was at like 11 clock last night, obviously started googling, diagnosed myself with cancer and got about 3 hours sleep. Not the first time I've noticed a lymph node and gone to the doctors, happened twice before, one in my neck and one my groin a couple of years ago but they wasn't tender to touch.

Google was spurting all stuff out, it said to look for cuts on your legs etc if the lymph node is in your groin, I got bitten or cut myself on my left knee (the lymph nodes on the leg hand side) but thats a full thigh length away from the groin node! surely that can't be the reason for the lymph node been tender/swollen. It says to wait for 2-3 weeks to see what happens but health anxiety doesn't allow patience when it comes to stuff like this.. ughhh! Que the chest pains to follow this up, vicious cycle.. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sometimes it is not good to look up things on Internet. Believe I know, I suggest you make appointment with your doc. Let me know how you got on ok.
  • Posted

I'm trying to reason with myself atm, I go from one minute positive and beleiving it's not cancer, then 10 minutes later i'll go into full panic mode thinking it is cancer.

On saturday staying in a hotel out of town I woke up with what looked like a big bite on my knee, it was all swollen etc and scabbed up. Maybe that's the cause of the swollen lymph node? They're both on the left side of my leg, obviously the lymph node is in my groin and the bite is on my knee but looking online even a cute toe cause a lymph node to swell in the groin. 

Also I don't have any other symptoms like night sweats, itching all over, weight loss.. although I will now over the next few days after reading them.. gurantee I get itchy skin and i'll be on the scales every day.

Also online it says the cancerous lymph nodes are generally not painful, they're painless and grow slowly.. mines very painful. It says that as a general rule of thumb if it comes on fast and is painful it's fighting an infection. 

But then theres always my health anxiety screaming in my head that it could be cancer! I've got the urge to go to the doctors but i gurantee he'll just say we'll keep an eye on it so there's no point. It's never ending. 

• Posted

Sorry cut toe* not a cute toe.. 
  • Posted

Anxiety makes us reseach and when we go through a list of things that could be wrong we pick out the worst one.

Stay off google.

• Posted

Hey, I also have this. First noticed I had two nodes either side of my groin about 6 months ago and they're still there. I've had a hematology and blood tests and I'm completely fine, the docs reckon I'll have them there for years. Apparantly they are more common in skinny people, but still go! To the doctors to get them checke smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.