Swollen lymph node(s) under jaw close to 3 months

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a swollen lymph node under the right jaw in the neck, feels like a egg inside. I noticed it about 2-3 months ago. No pain but the sensation of it being there. Stopped by a dentist because I thought it was from a molar that wasn't great -no tooth pain or anything like that, just never got the crown. Told him to pull it, which he did. He had me on an antibiotic afterwards but no improvement. After the antibiotic was done, I went to my GP. She placed me on a stronger antibiotic for 10 (14?) days. No change. She then tried a steroid (5days).

No improvement. Had an ultrasound: one large and 2 smaller enlarged lymph nodes. Cat scan afterwards, same. Just completed a second ultrasound with fine needle biopsy today.

I'm concerned at this point. Health wise I'm fine- no weight lose, no fevers,...

Read too many things on the internet. Do i. Sound like it could be a Hodkin's type of problem?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I totally understand! I have three swollen in my neck for like 7 months now. Had to request the ultrasound was normal. Had cat scab that showed them. Saw two ents they won't do biopsy they see no reason to. Let me know how your needle biopsy turns out. What does your doctor think? Mine never hurt or anything. Sometimes I get this dull/aching pain in them. I fear lymphoma/cancers etc all the time. The internet is your worst enemy. I learned that but still do it! Are you nodes hard or soft? Do they move easy?

• Posted

Hi, My Husband has multiple swollen Lymph node under right jaw. We did ultrasound and it come out as 2 main swollen nodes of size 3cm. We are waiting for fine needle biopsy result now, but I am so worried. He do not has any weight loss or any other symptom, though his Red Blood Cells count is reduced a bit. What can it be? Kindly share your thoughts
    • Posted

Oh goodness. I'm sorry to hear this! Believe me I know how you feel. Its awful. They don't even want to biopsy mine and I don't understand. It can be very scary. They try to tell me that sometimes they just stay 'enlarged' my ultrasound was normal. The cat scan showed them enlarged. Are your husband's hard or soft? Do they move easily? Please let us know the results of the biopsy. We are Here for you.

• Posted

I have multiple swollen lymph nodes in neck for 6 months now. I had an ultrasound the other day to be told they are very small and not concerning. How big is this lymph node?
  • Posted

These are the same systems my granddaughter has. Same location. She could  "grasp" it and move it. Sonogram showed 3 swollen lympnodes. Week ago today, doctor removed one, size of silver dollar.It Was removed easily, not attached. As of today they do not know what it is, per lab work?

• Posted

From the very first visit, that's exactly what I asked -just remove it.

All the copays and visits are out of control, especially starting with new year.

The one procedure they wanted 1253.00 at registration! It's so visible and right under the jaw, I'm almost tempted to remove it myself and save a lot of money! Lol

• Posted

My granddaughter has the same lymph node. Your description and location. She did the antibiotics. No change in the size. Sonogram revealed 3 swollen lymph nodes. Surgery last Friday, he removed ONE the size of silver dollar. Doctor said today they do not know what it is from the lab work that was done. ?? 
  • Posted

Well I received the results from the biopsy: Mixed cells, inconclusive. Mostly reactive cells and some "abnormal" cells. That's what I have been told.

Second opinion is in the works of course.

I was told that an open biopsy was a choose at this time, but but doctor was on the same page with the second opinion. All it takes is sending the slides to another pathologist which will be at a well known cancer hospital in the city. Other than the lump(s) as described, I'm fine.

Another wait.

• Posted

Sorry to hear this. Keep pushing for answers and let us know what happens. Prayers for you!!
  • Posted

Update. The second opinion came up with the same - inconclusive.

I take that as a good sign thinking if it's something they would see it more clear cut - no pun itented smile

Anyhow, now they both suggest an open biospy which I need to schedule.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.