Swollen lymph node under my jaw

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. Hope ye are well. Iv had RA for 4 years now. I take 25 mg of methotrexate a week. Most of the time I feel ok once I don’t have a flare. But last week I noticed quite a big lump underneath my jaw. I went to a walk in clinic near my work and he prescribed anti biotics and said it was defiantly a swollen lymph node. When I went to collect prescription the chemist wouldn’t allow it. Apparently you take this certain type of anti biotic with methotrexate.  I couldn’t get to my own doc over the weekend but the lump has got a lot smaller. Should I be worried ? Also in the last week Iv been feeling very dizzy, light headed and find it hard to catch my breath properly. When I try to take deep breaths I get more dizzy. It was a lot worse when I was driving. The road just felt like it was moving and I was getting a bit panicky. Today hasn’t been too bad just feel bit lightheaded. Just wondering has anyone even felt like this before? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare, I hope you are feeling no worse.

Start noting your symptoms so that you are sure to relay them all and go see your doctor.

Stop driving if your senses or reactions are impaired. The last thing you want to do is cause harm to others or yourself. All the best.

• Posted

It's good to hear that the lymph node has gone down in size but the light headedness, feeling dizzy and trouble catching your breathe would be a concern.   I would contact your own doc and report your symptoms as they should be evaluated

just to be sure of no side effects of medication

• Posted

Hi Clare, I hope you are continuing to improve?  Congratulations to the chemist that wouldn't give you the antibiotics that interacts with Methotrexate. My GP prescribed Trimethoprin and it was dispensed by 'my' chemist. It didn't help my UTI and I was eventually contacted by my Rheumy pharmacist who informed me it should not have been prescribed. I suspect you've been in touch with your Rheumy now? If not, I think you should. Did you get other antibiotics? Could it be a dental problem?  Don't drive if you feel dizzy. It's not worth it, is it? Even if only a panic attack. Which I'm certainly not saying it is. Hope you get some answers.

Carol

Good luck. Carol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.