Swollen lymph nodes

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone had swollen lymph nodes while going through peri menopause? I had them under my arm pits and groin area. Lately I’ve been having high levels of anxiety again. It went away for quit some time and just showed up again out of nowhere like it never left.  Feeling very sad.😩

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maureen,

Have you seen a doctor about your swollen lymph nodes? I would get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

I am with you on the anxiety front.

• Posted

I had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for a very long time, starting about 6 months post-menopause. It still happens every now and then. I have constant sinus trouble, which isn’t new for me. So hard to say if it’s meno related. The anxiety does hit out of the blue though. Very scary if you’ve always been relatively calm. My extended family has had major drama over the years and I’m usually the one to help wofk things out. My aunt said once that I bring a feeling of calm to the room when things are getting out of control. Not so much anymore! It feels so alien to be subject to panic attacks for the first time at 47! 
    • Posted

Teri (Girl)!

You need to step back and let them family members deal with their troubles.

I was just like you, always trying to work things out with the ones causing all the problems, then my husband said to"it's his family and they stress others out and then go have a drink like nothing happened😣

So now I look after my kids and my household, any trying to put me first 🤗

• Posted

Exactly! If I’m gonna stress out anymore it had better be stress I create myself! 
  • Posted

Hi Maureen,

I had them when my symptoms were out of control. I believe that hormones caused my immune system to drop which in turn let EBV reactivate. So not sure if it was perimeno or EBV that caused the swollen nodes, but I would feel them under my arms. I also had pretty severe breast cysts at the time. 

I would ask your doc about the lymph nodes.

XO

• Posted

same with me and i am worried- i am at menopaused state 2-how did you deal with it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.