Swollen lymph nodes and acne?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've had these swollen lymph nodes (one on the side of my neck, 2 under my chin, and one on the left side of my jaw) for months now. They are pretty small, movable and soft, I haven't been experiencing any other symptoms whatsoever and I went to the doctor to get it checked out and she didn't seem worried. I'm pretty sure the one on the side of my jaw has slightly gone down but is still noticeable. The only thing I could possibly link it to is my acne. I have had pretty bad facial acne for the past few years now (only 17) as well as acne on my upper back and the odd one on my neck. And on occasion even got cystic acne on my face. Is there any correlation between acne and lymph nodes swelling up. I do suffer from severe health anxiety and do have the occasional thoughts of lymphoma going through my head, but as they are not growing (some shrinking) and not experiencing any other lymphoma symptoms I really shouldn't be worrying that much. I just want to know if acne is a cause of swollen lymph nodes as it is a form of infection. 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I feel like I'm reading something I wrote myself hahaha. I am in such a similar situation!! I have horrible anxiety, before all of this but esp more now. And I have about 4 lymph nodes swollen right now for almost 5 months, All small, doctors don't seem worried. One is on the back of my right neck, 2 behind my left ear and one under my jaw on the right side of chin. My doctor, dermatologist, AND my ENT all believe it is acne related!! They said the lymph nodes drain from the area of "problem" so the fact they are all on my head/neck would most likely indicate there's an infection or issue with my skin (most likely my acne or it could also be the dermatitis I get on my scalp occasionally). I have had worse acne the last year or so then ever before in my life, so I guess it is possible? I do get cystic acne as well on occasion. At the moment I'm at a wait and see kind of thing, my dermo gave me acne ointment to use. So I'm hoping they will go down as my skin gets better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.