Swollen Lymph Nodes, Don't feel sick

Posted , 2 users are following.

Symptoms:

• Swollen lymph nodes on both sides of my neck for 6 days
  • The nodes vary in swelling. One hour, they'll be bigger than I've ever experiences, the next they'll be about the size they are when I have a sinus infection.
  • body aches for 7 days (usually goes away with ibuprofen and stretching)
  • fatigue for 4 days

I went to urgent care and they only ran a strep test (negative) and sent me on my way with advice to get airborne. They didn't even feel the nodes in my neck.

I have a physical scheduled in 2 weeks to get blood tests. I'll cancel the appointment if the nodes go down.

Has anyone else experienced swollen lymph nodes in the neck without feelings of illness?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have, but on a longer timescale. On the right side of my neck my lymph node has been swollen for about four years. It doesn't usually hurt, but when I have a bad cold or flu it sometimes swells up more and is sore. When I went to the docs, they did an ultrasound on it but said they weren't concerned about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.