Swollen Lymph Nodes everywhere, Difficulty to breathe, and now back is in pain!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello, everyone! My name is Rebecca (often times go by Becca), and I've been having systoms since July and or August of 2016. As of currently, I had swollen lymph nodes in both sides of my neck (my neck hurts, but not the individual node), although my doctor claims she can't feel one of the side (but only under the jaw). That being side, my neck is rock hard (and it's not normal, like it used to be). While the back of my neck is tense, I didn't think of it, but she thought she felt a lymph node back there as well. I have a bump back there, but I thought perhaps it was a pimple, and or bug bite (it's very small, and it isn't the lymph node she felt, so there's more than one?). Besides that, the area around my left collarbone is more puffy (inflammed) than the right. I haven't felt any specific bumps (nodes), but feeling across it with my hand, there's an obvious difference as far as infammation. Although before deiciding to finally make a post here, I thought I might of felt a bump but can't really find it now. As stated in the title, it's hard to breathe. Sometimes I feel as if it's not bad, but I also feel like I can't breathe as deep as I used to (and even my yawns don't feel the same). My chest almost feels tight, that's the best I can describe it. I've also developed some coughing in the past 2 weeks. I also have a painful lump on my left rib. It felt like it's the seconfd from the bottom up (but I'm not expert with anatmy), so I could be wrong. When this first started, it hurt. The pain then subsided, but now it's back. I heard people with cancer in the spleen feel pain in the rib and back. Sometimes I also get cramps on that side, and my stomach has been hurting more often than normal as of lately. The pain also travels to my lower back, again, on the left side. I feel that I should mention that all systoms (because my right neck lymph nodes) are exclusive to the left side. The left part of my lower back (and even towards the top) feels more imflammed than my right. It hurts to even bend down now. Although the pain has subsided, I was having a lot of pain in my left groin. Again, it felt more inflammed than just individual lumps (and or nodes). The pain has went away, although it seems to be flaring up again. But now it's not just located in my groin, but now the bend of my knee hurts (and there's inflammtion there defintely, and it hurts to press down on), and it's traveling to my left ankle as well. When I sleep on my life side (and even if I don't), my groin down to my ankle is in a immense amount of pain. Yes, my calf hurts too, and it's larger than my right (more so than normal). When my groin first started hurting, it was so bad that I couldn't even press my legs together! And now looking back, I started having porblems with my knee before it started hurting. It kept falling asleep all the time. Sorry for being all over the place, but sometimes I feel like I taste blood in my mouth. However, I do chew on the inside of  my cheeks, both out of habit and nervousness so I haven't chalked that up as a symptom just yet. Just for some clarity, I'd like to list a timeline now (a rough one, being that I didn't write down when these happened because at first I had confidence nothing was wrong). 

August of 2014 - My eyesight started getting bad, no other symptoms. I just needed glasses (although I still haven't got my eyesight checked). 

August of 2015 - Developed massive migraines, people chalked in up to me needing glasses, but I don't think it was just that. I finally went to the hospital from a 3 day migraine, they didn't check for anything! I went to the doctor, she had me write a jounral about them, and come back a month. I lost insurance during the following month, so I couldn't go back to get checked

Summer of 2016 - Migraines went away, without any sort of treament. My eyesight was still a bit blurry

July to August 2016 - Left swollen lymph nodes (back of neck hurt as well), and left collarbone inflammed! My grion hurt a bit at this point. Go to doctor, she says it's allergies, and assures me I have no lymph nodes are under the collarbone. Not that I don't have swollen ones, but that lymph nodes aren't located there. However, even after speaking to another doc and personal research, they are and it made me conerned a bit for her crediblity. 

October - Novemeber 2016 (I'm a bitt fuzzy on exact months, please forgive me) Groin in a lot of pain! Bump on my rib appears, and hurts to even lie on left side! 

December - Headaches return, and upon further inspection, it seems that the majority of my bad eyesight is primairly (if not all of it) is from left eye. (Headaches are always on left side of my head as well, as they used to be as well).

January - Febuary 2017 - This beginning of this month or ladder part of December, I started getting hot flashes that prompted to me finally go to the doctor. Knee begins to fall asleep a lot! Not even from being in weird postitions, and after a couple of weeks begins to hurt! As well as it being more inflammed. Towards ladder part of January, is when my ankle started to hurt (although it's gotten worst). My back began to hurt around this time as well! 

Febuary of 2017- Go to doctor (despite not having any insurance), and she while she seems concerned, wants to do CBC (blood tests). Next morning, comes back that I have elvated white blood cells, meaning infection. Before seeing this doctor, her name is Anna. I seen Peggy (my OG doctor) and she thought I had a ear infection and that's what was causing my swollen lymph nodes in my neck, despite having no problems with my ears at all! Peggy put me on a steriod, as well as antibiotics. Anna seemed concerned, but thought she'd put me on another round of antiobiotics to see if it worked, especially knowing that I have no insurance and she didn't want me to get any pricey procedures done just yet! sidenote : my elbow hurts as well, and seems a little inflammed but not bad.

March 2017 (current) - Some systoms have worsened, such as my rib back pain. I feel sick to my stomach, sometimes on that side alone. I finally got insurance, but it won't start coverage until April 1st (I need to survive until then. 

I'll try to wrap this up! I'm sorry for writing so much. I'd like to add that I've never had allergies, even tho that's what Peggy thought this was at first (and then a ear infection). She didn't listen to me well at all, so that's why I switched to Anna (she seems better). I'm terrfied I have cancer! People (espcially my family) say it's not that, but I can't think of anything else that would cause this many swollen lymph nodes and problems (neck, back, groin, elbow possibly, knee, and leg). That's a lot, and I don't think any infection would cause that much problem except for cancer. I just wanted some advice? I'm wondering if people have had the same symptoms as me, and if it turned out to be cancer or anything else? Is there a possbility of this being anything else. I'm currently going to college, and some mornings I've been so sore I've had to skip. I'll be turning 20 on March 17th, and this illness is making me so depressed. At the rate things are going, I think I'll be dead by my next birthday. I'm really trying not to panic, but my pain is only getting worst, not better. My sister tries to console me, but I think it's just because she's scared too. I'd like to also mention cancer runs in my family, not specfic form but all my grandma's siblings (except one), her parents, her grandparents, some unlces, aunts, and cousins have died. I guess I'm the next in line? Anyway, I'll be calling my doctor this week, but won't be able to have anything done until April 1st. I'd like to add that I don't have a job (I'm barely making it to school currently). I don't think I could handle a job right now if I wanted to, I barely was able to finsih out my classes last semester from my illness. Since I have a 4.0, I do get grants (I should be getting somewhere between 900 to 1000 dollars) and that's what I'll be paying for my health insurance with (I pay 36.66 through Cigna, I got it through Obamacare). I'm afraid I won't have a lot of money for operations. I know my family would be willing to help, but they're not rich either (I live with my grandparents and siblings btw, so I commute to school and don't dorm. It saves money). I heard that ultrasounds aren't much, but it also depends on insurance. But I don't think I'll be happy with just a ultrasound, people have missed cancer with just those alone. I want a biopsy done, but don't know how much those cost either! I should be starting a job this May (hopefully, I hope I'm well enough by then). Do hospitals let you make payments? 

Sorry, that wasn't a short ending. I'd just like some advice, and for people to share their experiences with me. I'm sorry if I sound paranoid, but I know there's something wrong with me. I hope it's not cancer, but I think that's what it is. I can't focus on anything, I'm in so much pain all the time, and I have to keep myself from crying a lot since I'm so terrified. I just don't want it to be too late to get help, and what if this started out as brain cancer and it wasn't just the fact I need glasses? If you count that, I suppose I've had it for 2 years now, and so I'm most likely getting to the end. Anyway, I hope all of you on this forum find out good news, and have a wonderful news. If anyone gets bad news, I hope you recover and I only wish you good health. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If you have obamacare you will be fine and dont have to make payments for lab tests, ultasound, etc and for any operation.

You already know that from elevated WBCs and lymph nodes you have infections, and with it comes inflammation, knee pain that you have . Do you have skin rash or abdominal tenderness/diarrhea?

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply, I've been so worried and no one is willing to talk to me. I haven't had any diarrhea nor skin rashes, but a lot of abdominal pain. A few weeks back (perhaps almost a month now), my chest was very tender (couldn't hardly touch it). I'm still having some pain there, and as I said, it's hard to breathe. I'm beginning to cough to.

• Posted

Did you ever get results?
    • Posted

I apologize for the late reply. And not yet, but I'll be going to the doctor this Wednesday, to check everything out and hopefully set up an appointment for an ultrasound, or what she deems to be suitable.

• Posted

Hey Becca these are the exact same symptoms I'm having word to word, have you gotten any update ? Also does it feel like when you eat it gets insanely hard to swallow the food ? 

• Posted

Hello louis

My significant other has very bad swallowing issues and his tongue won't move. He has been having this issue so I took him to ER after all his doctors gave up on him. The doc said it might be a swallen lymph node, its hard and painful. Going to see ENT Thursday see what he says.

• Posted

Hi Rebecca -

I have almost the exact same symptoms as you do. All on the left side, except for the lymph nodes. I feel like my lymph nodes are swollen on both sides of my neck and under both arms. Please let me know if you’ve gotten any answers. I’m in so much pain, and my primary care doctor can’t seem to figure out what is going on. I hope you’re feeling better! 

• Posted

After working out my left shoulder started hurting really bad. I thought I pulled a muscle. After icing it I felt a small area about my left collarbone and trap was swollen. its been 6 weeks and still there. It seems like when I work out or do push ups it gets worse. Freaked out!!! I have 2 small kids and google is not helping. I go in for Xrays and ultra sound. I hope to God its not the C word. I really need support I am mess. Just needed a place to vent. 38 single dad.
  • Posted

I have many of the symptoms you are describing all on left side, My left eye is swollen and vision is impaired. The Fatigue is so vicious you want to cry and often do with some days doing your dishes sends you right back to bed. The left side around the breast area besides being swollen along with under arm lymph node feels like there's something inside that is swelling and someone has a tight band around it . Now I have lumps under my ribs and that area. Definitely there as its hard not to notice all of what Im saying. I did have a positive result for lupus when I was in my late 20s from the hospital when suffering from severe exhaustion and mouth sores all over the inside I had since a young girl. I have worse symptoms but it shows negative. I did come up positive a few times consistently recently for a auto immune disease called Sarcoidosis with some lung involvement but really affecting my eye, my lymph nodes, chronic joint / bone pain and difficulty breathing again with horrible fatigue. I need to find a Dr's office that specializes with the entire body affected and not just the lungs. Get yourself a full blood work up including all auto immune which is probably what you are also dealing with. Please let me know how you are feeling. Keep up with the Dr visits!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.