Swollen lymph nodes throat armpit groin & other symptoms.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone.

Sorry this will probably be long.

About 3 months ago, I hung out with my best friend. 5 days later she had symptoms of glandular fever, went to the doctor who told her she had glandular fever. I thought nothing of it.

fast forward to 1 month later almost to the day, and I came down with hot flashes, severe debilitating fatigue and a general feeling of malaise and major weirdness. I also had dizziness, lightheadedness and developed extreme anxiety.

I was unable to sleep and completely lost my appetite. This was 9 weeks ago when this all started. I started having weird joint aches, muscle pains etc. I convinced myself I had HIV. I had a mild sore throat for 3 days just on waking up, then shooting pains in throat, armpit and groin lymph nodes.

the Lymph node pain probably started about 3 weeks after the fatigue. I then had 1 swollen lymph node in throat on left side. it didn't bother me much. then I got another swollen lymph node in my left armpit which is sore and is still there. that one popped up probably a month or so ago, as well as one in the right of my throat Whig also came with a sore throat when swallowing which lasted a week.

I then developed shooting pains in my groin and now have swollen lymph nodes in my groin too which is terrifying. all hiv tests have been negative (I have had 3). no one thought to test for epstein barr virus until last week which has come back as positive for past infection, same with CMV.

I have no idea what to think at this point. doctor has mentioned lymphoma. I am 32 and terrified. someone please help me

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.