Swollen lymphnode

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

Since September I have had a swollen glands in my neck

I have also had tonsillitis and at some point EBV virus in The last year.

I currently am waking up every night with night sweat

I have itchy skin at night

Fatigue

Weight loss

Last week ENT sent me for a emergency MRI and I also had a needle biopsy on the node.

I felt so unwell yesterday that I was told to go to A&e, where they then sent me to a special ENT hospital where he said my throat was fine etc which I knew it would be, he preformed a ultrasound and said yes it is enlarged but nothing he could do?

I'm in a situation now where I don't know what to do ?

My bloods have been fine.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi just wondering you have found out your results?
  • Posted

Hello,

I was discharged from hospital yesterday, unfortunately I am still no further forward after my 8 days in hospital.

I was told that I would have my lump removed and then vchecked under the microscope etc I was all set to have it removed this week but then the chief of the hospital said it's probably just an infection even though I have had loads of bloods done etc and no sign of infection.

I went straight to my GP yesterday where I have him the low down of everything, I ended up crying in his chair because I fed up of being passed around and still feeling so unwell, he then asked if it was painful which it isn't but is when I drink alcohol, he then left the room and came back 5 minutes later saying he wants me back on Monday as he wants me to see a oncologist/hematologist asap.

I have been given cetrizeine for the itching but it's having little to no effect apart from knocking me out :

My bloods levels are normal, can you have normal bloods and have Lymphoma ??

Hope you are all well cx

• Posted

Do you still have the lymph node, and what was the diagnosis from oncologist/hematologist. 

You cant have lymphoma when your blood levels are normal. 

• Posted

Hello,

I am still struggling on with the lump, night sweats, weight loss, itching and alcohol pain. I have seen 12 different doctors and 11 say to take it out to biopsy and 1 has said not to take it out and that I will be fine.

I am pushing for a second opinion.

• Posted

I have had a FNA but they provided insufficient cells that was with ENT who referred me to the hospital and I was admitted for 2 weeks, they were going to remove it to biopsy it as it's grown in size but this one doctor out of 12 has said it doesn't need to come out.

• Posted

Ok, then did they say what kind of infection, and how to treat it? 
    • Posted

I don't have any infection, I am having more bloods tommo to test for Lyme and Maleria

• Posted

You will have some infection, otherwise your lymph node will not be swollen. 

What country are you at? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.