Swollen lymphnode

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

i have a swollen lymphnode that has been there for almost 6 months now. im a 30 years old female.

jan 17th 2018. i had viral infections. one of them was upper respiratory and the last one was on june i had EbV . in the blood test i had no MoNo just ebv.

anyways im not sure when but around the ebv time i noticed my have a tiny lump on the right aide on my neck. it sometimes shows and sometimes disappear.

i was done with all the viruses around july. i was healthy again. but the lump in my neck was still there. yesterday i was having a thyroid scan and i was my doctor to scan the area of my lymph. and there is was 23mm.

the only thing i have is neck discomfort. i have difficulity in maintaining my head straight for a long time. my sternocleidomastoid gets tight specially the left side . i am not sure if this is cause by this lymphnode. when the neck discomfort increases i get also with it chest discomfort. as if its heavy a bit. i used to have excessive post nasal drip for about 8 months. now its waaaay less.

i do not have fever

nor weight loss ( ffs im not eating and cant lose weight)

symptoms i have with the lymphnode

neck heaviness sometimes accompanied with chest heaviness

hot flashes... or something like ice feeling just like when you shower with ice/mint based shampoo

my bp plays a bit. max goes up to 15.

lightheadness

can it be lymphomia? should i worry? what tests can discover if i have any sort of cancer ? other that taking a biopsy of the lymphnode ( im just toooo scared of surgeries im a self control freak )

thank you for reading and help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi there. 23 mm is large for lymph nodes by not abnormally large. especially since you had ebv.

you sound as if you are panicked a bit, and therefore i advise you to seek out the biopsy of your node, or get another opinion from an ENT.

the biopsy does not hurt. and peace of mind in priceless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.