Swollen lymphnodes for over 1 year

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello eveeyone. I have a swollen lymph nodes on that runs laterally in my neck. No other palpable swollen nodes on other part of my body. Neither do I have any signs or symptoms. They swell large whenever I am stressed due to college. But now that I have finished, they became really small, but still tender hard painless and slightly movable. I've got normal differential WBCs tested twice at different months. What do you think?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,lymph nodes can stay enlarged after an infection for a very long time.Try not to touch them because this will slow down the process of shrinking.Once a month or once in 2 months palpate them to see if they are larger.If you have no other symptoms you should not worry about it.I have 2 enlarged nodes on the left and 1 on the right side of my neck.They stayed the same for more than 4 years.
  • Posted

People can have palpable lymph nodes months/ years after an infection or for unexplained reasons. They are only a sign of concern if they grow overtime, especially if they grow over 2cm, and you display any other symptoms such as night sweats, fever, weight loss and fatigue. If they swell up and down, that is a good sign, as it shows they are functioning properly even though they are constantly palpable. If the nodes were malignant they wouldn't decrease in size but only increase. 

Hope this helps, even though they do not sound worrisome I always recommend visiting a Doctor. 

• Posted

I’m suffering with enlarged lymph nodes for over a year I notice one large one which was there for about a month then went down, then I noticed two swell up in the some area, iv never had any other symptoms, so that’s a good sign? 
    • Posted

I recommend to visit a Doctor to check, however it is highly unlikely that it would be serious if the node has gone. Also if you have had them for over year without any other symptoms or growth then that is a good sign. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.