Swollen meatus

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a Inflamed penis head, swollen meatus and dry four skin which is constantly red.

Doctor recommended izoconazole nitrate 1%

And fluconazole 200mg 7day capsules.

I must say it was bad prior to the medication but the condition listed above is what it’s looking like today.

It doesn’t bother me but a swollen meatus is visible in the urethra looks a little light colored possibly related to the meds and soap that irritated me prior.

My overal symptoms are a little dizzy and tired at times, I feel nauseous when driving my motorcycle and feel the same even if I’m not driving in someone else’s car. Feels like a cold flu but it lasts as long as I’m outside the house but at home I feel better.

I sleep earlier then usual and wake up late at night with frequent bathroom brakes with urge to relieve myself 2-3 times a night.

Urinating is not a problem, just a tickle by the meatus once in a while but no burns or painful experiences.

Any ideas what this might be related to?

My guess and based on research 

Mycoplasma genitalium or urinary track infection or BACTERIA 

HELP PLEASE

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

you have an infection on your penis and possibly in your urethra therefore the Dr has prescribed antibiotics and cream to halt the infections progress, keep taking the pills at the allotted times and don't forget to apply the cream.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply man, I think the cream works to a extent because I’m assuming a lot of skin on my penis head is extremely sensitive and just to reapply some more might get it inflammation again or cause any scaring if that makes its way past a certain degree, makes any sense? Initially he didn’t give me a explination of what kind of infection this might be but the doctor just diagnosed it with a sort of can't figure it out infection and gave me that cream and pills to treat it.

I was impressed with the results afterwards since I had two large red flat spots that were irritated when touched and a extremely dried out The fourskin but that’s all gone with minor traces still visible.

Now things look mild and heading towards recovery but is taking a long to to return to normal to my expectation.

I would say 85-90% complete

For the meatus I told my doc to run me a course of doxy and Ciprofloxacin to exclude all possible related bacterial infections out my body. 

And I think I’m getting results but I just started this second hand of treatment.

Have you heard this type of symptom first hand? A lot of patient posts are flooding the net without any follow ups or recommendations of successful resolutions. 

Driving me crazy

• Posted

It looks like you are nearly cured make sure the coloration has gone when you finish the anti biotics and cream and you should be ok.
    • Posted

Hey Mate. Any update on your condition? i'm experiencing the same Symptoms. check out my post

• Posted

i have swollen meatus

i feel tired and dizzy all the time

like slow thinking could this be related?

havr cured it? does the dizzy and tiredness went away?

• Posted

I tried all types of creams and pills from antibiotics to fongul creams and oral capsules and nothing has resolved 100% yet.

What I have noticed is less soap is required near the meatus to avoid further irritation. I would recommend lather up with soap “once” ever three to four days down there and the rest with warm water nothing else. This could decrease swelling. The medication “cream” listed above is the best cream I used so far and if you intend to use it, use it very lightly once a day to prevent further irritation.

I went to a specific laboratory today and gave blood to isolate what kind of bacteria or fongus is related or even UTI or anything else since I requested a complete STD test.

I will post again once I get my results, good luck and take care.

• Posted

Don’t stress you will weaken the immune system and cause dizziness or nausia. Try to ingest amino acids and B12 vitamins drink a lot of water and you will be fine in a few days. Just eat food and sleep.
  • Posted

i have had this for 8 months and anti inflammatories and cipro did not work, the anti inflammatories only relieved pain temporarily.  Were you ever cured?  Please let me know.
    • Posted

I take multivitamins (variety of pills) and I eat mostly vegan food now. I stay away from carbs and yeast related foods. Drink lots of lemon water with the peal/skin I also take detox pills from cranberry plus msm pills. I keep a strict hygiene and wash up with dove soap every day now and bath in warm water and dry up very well with a blow dryer down there compared to the once every three days I used to wash up. 

I never touch myself without washing hands first and after i wear straight thin cotton breifs tight enough to restrict friction Incase movement plays a roll with out center stitc. I sleep more every night and avoid anxiety and I must say it’s doing fine. I wouldn’t say it’s 100% percent but I never get irritations anymore and I see it clearing up by the day, lighter towards skin color rather the redness. I just don’t know where is my finish line. I know this will be a longer process since drs out there are clueless about this issue with men since they don’t have a clue where to start. 

I personally think a vaginal yeast infection has a variety of bacteria which doesn’t get covered under standard treatment. So what’s left untreated gradually depleats in time or the body fights off in do time

• Posted

Hey Mate. Any update on your condition? Would be greatly appreicated, I'm experiencing the same Symptoms. If you have time, could you check out my post

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.