Swollen meatus (pics )

Posted , 9 users are following.

been masturbating alot lately woke up with this also received oral a couple days ago it tends to get swollen when i do it like this but need to make sure its nothing else File size is too bigimage

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Check for herpes with western blot or PCR swab. Blood tests with IgG and IgM are not accurate especially for HSV-1. Check first void urine for myco and urea plasmas. Report back with any updates please.

• Posted

it does not look like herpes u should still visit a doctor swelling is usually caused by injury or infection it could just be a case of rough masturbation but i would rule out urethra infection by seeing a doctor

• Posted

it does not look like herpes>

I read this all of the time and I wish I could agree and have confidence in those statements. This may not be herpes for this person, true. But if I've learned anything about herpes, is that it presents in many different ways and IgM and IgG tests are not very reliable. Western blot and PCR swabs are the only way to go to rule it out.

• Posted

theres no open sore to swab thats the inside of the urethra .?

• Posted

Apparently PCR swab tests are very, very sensitive and don't need open sores to detect HSV, unlike the older culture swab test method that did need fresh sores. I am not a doctor though.

• Edited

hi im 29 years old chemical engineering and from iran. i have this issue from 2 years ago after only 2 min unprotected relationship .I’ve learned that doctors are useless when it comes to diagnosing a symptom in the absence of positive test results, which made me somewhat obsessive over trying to self diagnose this.After all the research I’ve done over the past 2 years, on a daily basis, I feel I am almost an expert in this topic lol. and now I guess this bumps is immunologic action against some viruses such as EBV CMV and etc .and called lichen planus i hope this information be useful

Dear friends its very important that unfortunately the test results for CMV and EBV viruses were positive for recent infection 1 week after sex.Im sorry 😦 take care yourself..

• Posted

would you be able to elaborate on this a little more. what is the treatment for this? are you cured?

• Edited

Care to elaborate? Ive seen you comment this several times with no real follow up. Thanks

• Posted

Hi! I have seen this message under several posts, could u please tell us if you cured it and how u made it?

Because seems that this condition of a "mysterious" balanitis is hitting a lot of guys here and on other online platforms, but everyone with no clue (even doctors don't know what is happening).

I'm pretty sure that this is the "result" of a bad infection (maybe viral, bacterial or fungal) that generate an immunological response like lichenoid balanitis or lichen planus.

A lot of doctors seems to mistake this form of balanitis with lichen sclerosus, but seems to be very different and most important, more slight in the way it looks.

• Posted

its very unlikely you have contracted anything from Oral. But not impossible. I would abstain from Masterbation for the time being to see if symptoms improve. it is probably just irritated from excessive masterbation. it may be useful to buy some Canistan as this can help soothe the area.

There are no open sores that resemble HSV.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.