Swollen parotid gland and ear clogged help please!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Last year around March.. I noticed a knot on the back of my neck where the hairline starts.. I really didn’t pay it any mind until it didn’t go away.. so I looked on the internet and first thing I see is enlarged lymph nodes.. so I started to get scared wondering why this would happen.. so I started to panic, I made a doctors appointment the following week.. and during the week my parotid gland started to swell up on the right side .. so I started to feel that area and I also noticed a lil knot under earth and jaw bone where the swelling was at.. actually the knot is slightly under the swelling .. so I started to panic even more and think cancer!! So I went to doctor they said they think it just allergies and don’t worry unless it gets bigger.. so I went home and thought about and said we’ll what if it does get bigger so I made another appointment.. this time her ordered a cat scan ..   and this what it said 

US NECK SOFT TISSUE 

ADDITIONAL CLINICAL INFORMATION: Enlarged lymph nodes 

Technique: Multiple grayscale images were obtained of the neck 

COMPARISON: None available 

INTERPRETATION: 

Adjacent to the right parotid gland there is a 0.3 x 0.3 x 0.1 cm node. 

Just inferior to the parotid gland there is a 0.5 x 1.5 x 0.3 cm normal 

appearing lymph node. The right parotid gland measures 2.6 x 1.6 x 3.0 

cm. 

Tiny 0.3 x 0.6 cm lymph node is seen adjacent to the left parotid gland. 

Posterior to the parotid there is a 1.1 x 0.3 x 0.6 cm nodule and 

inferiorly there is a 0.8 x 0.5 x 1.2 cm node. The left parotid gland 

measures 4.1 x 1.8 x 3.0 cm. 

CONCLUSION: 

Small bilateral lymph nodes in the vicinity of the parotid gland. 

after all this it went away..until I seen someone on tv die from salvia cancer.. then everything started to kick back in.. I mean on and off the symptoms would come and go but now it’s back and I’m very scared I might have cancer can someone please help me and tell me what’s going on.. my ear feel clogged and irritated too.. also I had blood test and they didn’t see anything

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello??? Can anyone she’d some light on this? I would love to hear more opinions! Has anyone dealt with this and does it sound like cancer? Please help I’m scared to death with no insurance right now 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.