Swollen retroauricular node - panicked

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hiya.

I am in a bit of a panic.

I have found a lump behind me ear. It actually feels like a bone sticking right out. I can vaguely remember asking my mam ages ago if she had a sticky out bone there too, but this must have grown cos I have renoticed it, if you see what I mean. Upon visiting Dr Google, he informs me that it is my retroauricular lymph node, and that I have the dreaded C cos it is rock hard and cannot be moved. I visited the doc who said oh yeah, come back in 6 weeks and see me - brushed it off. I had went in the first place as on Sunday I woke up passing blood in my urine and went to the OOH docs who said I have a UTI and gave me some antiobiotics, took them and still felt crap so went back to docs. I shoudl also metion that I was concerned I have some other terrible disease as I have been bleeding irregularly (last year they checked my ovaries and said they were fine) and have had loads of indigestion and bowel issues for a few weeks. She seemed to brush off my fears. I am very worried.

PS I am 36

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh I should also mention I am aching all over like in my groin and armpits. Also have a pain under my left ribs which I have had for ages - started going round to my back and they did a chest x ray which came back clear but a slight curve of the spine. Also, as of yesterday the UTI is gone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.