Swollen right jowl with jaw ache

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone! I am 48 and has been in Perimenopause stage for the last 2 years. I was wondering whether anyone has swollen right jowl that caused my face to be lopsided and dull ache in the right lower back jaw ache. Besides these symptoms I also have sore shoulders, neck and sometimes dull throbbing pain at the back of my head. Most of the pain is isolated to the right side.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you need a full head ct scan the dentist does to make sure you don’t have an abscess going on?
  • Posted

Don't think this is menopause related.  You could have an abscess, which is an encapsulated infection.  An abscess can be very, very dangerous.  Get yourself to a dentist asap and have this checked out!

• Posted

Hi everyone. Thank you for all your replies. Thought I just give a quick update on my situation. I saw a neurologist and had all the tests done including a MRI. Everything came back normal. Blood test result came back normal as well. So I guess the culprit will be my hormones acting up. However I have yet to get a test on my hormone levels. Will probably get one done next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.