swollen spermatic cord

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a truss biopsy on my prostate about a month ago. I had complications. I went into full retention three times and had Foley catheters inserted. I now have a low hanging left testicle with a thickened and sore spermatic cord. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I assume you have been checked for epididymitis and/or a UTI? Both are treated with antibiotics.

JimĀ 

• Posted

Hi Jim, I bought some test strips off of eBay. No UTI showed up. My urine is cloudy and was very acid. I was having stinging pain when urinating. I took some so called berocca performance supplements from Aldi. It has magnesium and zinc. Problem solved in two days. I am at the go and will ask for epididy.itis testing.
    • Posted

Did your strips test for "leukocytes"? They are often present when urine is cloudy and warrant culturing the urine for UTIs, especially if you are symptomatic. Hopefully it's not epididymitis but I would have a urologist take a look to make sure.

Jim

• Posted

The test strips showed leukocytes, both mine and the doctors. They were not there two days ago.

I got the biology lesson and now I am sitting in the ER waiting on an ultrasound. The doctors letter says he suspects a UTI.

• Posted

I assume they have run a culture and sensitivity studies? If not, they should so that they know which antibiotics are best to use against whatever type of bacteria you may have. If the doc thinks it's serious enough, he may not wait until the culture is in and may start  you on a broad spectrum antibiotic right away. That's fine but make sure whatever they give you is cross checked against the sensitivity study when it come back. I had epididymitis around four years ago and was also sent for an ultrasound. In addition to the antibiotics I was given a "sling" to wear which was sort of like a heavy duty jock strap. Without it, walking around was painful. Good luck. 

-- Jim

• Posted

Hi Jim, I will ask. So far I am still waiting on the ultra sound. Hopefully cultures will follow

• Posted

Hi Jim, Well I am getting broad spectrum antibiotics, no ultra sound. The ER docs think that by now if the cord was twisted I would have more severe symptoms. I am going to avoid Canberra public. The rural folks are a lot faster.
    • Posted

I forgot to mention that they are doing the microbial testing. It apparently takes 48 hours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.