Swollen stomach for 3 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

In the words of my doctor I am a medical mystery. 

For over 3 years now I have had a very large swollen stomach to the point were I look 7 months pregnant. This is takings it's toll on my body and is very draining , physically and emotionally.  I have had two colonoscopies, one endoscopy and two laparoscopies, last laparoscopy was two weeks ago. Does anyone know of someone who had the same issue. I am under gynaecology and gastro clinic and I have no idea what is wrong with me.

i have been tested for IBS, Crohns, Celiac, colitis, food allergies and most recently the biopsies I had taken from me during laparoscopy are being tested also for various other things.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Beside the swollen belly what else is happening? Is there pain , constipation, diarrhea , vomiting ? What do your diet look like. These are things i would like to know.Have anyone checked you for fibroids?
  • Posted

Could you be sensitive to gluten inspite of not being diagnosed as celiac? It might be worth considering an elimination diet with the help of a dietician or nutritionist.
    • Posted

Yes you do not have be be celiac to be sensitive to gluten. I would actually classify it as a food allergy. Yes get intouch with a nutritionist that would help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.