Swollen styloid process of Ulnar bone

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all!

I have began to become worried about the styloid process of my Ulnar bone (?) in my right hand.

Swoll up after an impact to concrete about a week ago, feels like its getting better, but slowly.

Going on a bmx trip in 2 weeks time, am wondering if I should get an xray to check if there's any damage which may come back worse or should I just rest up?

Please refer to photos, first is left arm, other 2 are of my right arm styloid process.

Thanks!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Wow!  If it was me I'd certainly want an X-ray done, even if I had to go private.
  • Posted

Hello kgb110, you should definitely get it x rayed. I fear you could have a fracture. This time last year I had the most excruciating pain in my foot after jarring it as I walked. I presented myself to a nurse led minor injuries unit and although she didn't think it was fractured she immediately booked me in for  an x Ray simply because of me being on prednisolone. All was well. As for you definately get it sorted especially if you are going away. Do let us know how you get on. All the best, christina 
  • Posted

Hi kgb110,

I think you may be looking in the wrong forum for help here. This is for people with polymyalgia rhuematica and if you're going on a bmx trip in a couple of weeks you likely don't have PMR.

We do have some members that were previously very active and have some medical knowledge that may respond but I'd check out other discussions available in the bones, joints and muscle forum.

Good luck and hope you're healthy for your trip.

Diana

• Posted

Common sense suggests it should be at least shown to a doctor!
  • Posted

Hi kgb110;   when you came in contact with the concrete, did you put your arm/wrist out to "stop your fall/impact"?  If so, it is quite likely that you did fracture the Styloid Process.....even minutely?   Even as you say, the swelling maybe going down, the fracture won't heal correctly, (in correct alignment). unless stablized, so that you don't move it....have that x-ray for assurance....it would be exacerbated if you tried using the wrist in your bmx ride, and take longer, still, to heal.   Hoping this makes sense? and don't feel embarrassed for coming onto this forum....we're all here to help, in any way that we can.               Bronconfused
  • Posted

Hi KGB 1110,

I just saw your post there, I have the same problem. Mine looks very similar to yours, I have been told conflicting information by 3 GPS. First one said I was fine, the other two said it needs to be xrayed. I am waiting to see an orthopaedic surgeon next monrh. I have no pain, I don't know whether its from an injury after a fall last year, I thought this came uo in last few months. Would like to know if you ever found out what it is? Mine feels like hard bone that is has grown! Thanks for any help.

• Posted

hi. Ive been having this problem for some months now. I was just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this?

I know this post is years old but hoping you get a notification of a reply.

• Posted

i have the same problem and pain in the area. have you found out anything?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.