Swollen submental node, swelling left cheek /neck

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive had swelling on my left cheek for 3 months, went to the doctor and they said it was parities gave me antibiotics which did nothing, had an ultrasound which found a reactive submental gland of 15 mm, had sed rate, reactive creating,Ana and ray blood test all came back normal, had CBC normal, went to the desntist said my mouth and teeth are excellent, now it's back to the doctor for more follow up,  I'm really stressed as to what this swelling can be, I have no pain but my neck feels tight and when I wake up it's really tight and sore , also after I eat I notice my neck muscles spasm and swell, then about 2 Hours later it goes down, I'm 36 and never had problems like this, I also feel a lump in my throats sometimes, if I cough hard I'll feel a lump in my throats but it goes away when I drink water , any clue as to what I have? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I just went to doctor for swelling in check and saliva gland. They gave antiboiotics which reduced swelling on the right side of my face where the condition was.  The swelling subsided so most likely there was an infection there.  However, I am now experiencing swelling in the left side just 3 days later.  I think my condition is due to dyhydration. I know it sounds too simple, but all my tests came back normal as well... I have yet to go to an ENT but thats what I will be doing if this keeps up. I am 37 and have never had any health related issues at all.
    • Posted

I tryed antibiotics and they worked a little but the swelling came back a few weeks later, so now I'm almost 5  months with this and still waiting on my MRI. I do notice my left cheek swells after eating or talking a lot, then if I'm stressed out I'll feel the swelling down my left neck pressing on my throat, I also occasionally get a lump in throats feeling that goes away when I eat or drink something, the only thing they have found so far is a probable sun,metal reactive gland of 1.5 cm , this has been hell on my life, I want to find out what it is and get it treated, thier are so many conditions that it sounds like, the swelling hasn't gotten bigger but it hasn't gotten smaller either 

• Posted

Mental issues are tought to deal with, unless you get professional advice and with hereditary disorders makes it tougher. It takes a lot of courage and sympathy to overcome these adversities. 
    • Posted

this has been hell on my quality of like, I'm not an anxious person in general but this condition has really stressed me out, it's been almost 5  months since I noticed the swelling 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.